New York University, New York, NY
M.S. Digital Imaging and Design (2004)
University of New Haven, West Haven, CT
B.A. Music & Sound Recording, Multimedia (2001)
Institute of Audio Research, New York, NY
Diploma Recording Engineering & Production (1995)
Project Managment • Operations Management • Web Design • Budgeting & P&L • Graphic Design • Videography • Video Editing • Video Streaming • Photography • Photo Editing & Retouching • Digital Marketing
Adobe Creative Suite • Apple Final Cut Pro Suite • Microsoft Office • Microsoft Project • Microsoft Visio • WordPress • MailChimp
Dariusz Kanarek Creative Services Consulting
Principle 2015 – present
- Providing professional digital media services to corporate, business and non-profit clients. Services include design, digital marketing, photography, video & technology consulting.
CityLights Gallery / Bridgeport Art Trail
Consultant /Designer/Photographer 2018 – present
- Designing marketing collateral and assisting with campaigns for local & international community events such as Make Music Day, PechaKucha, Art-To-Go and Bridgeport Art Trail.
- Producing visual content (video & photography) during events and exhibitions. Contributing to annual print publication, websites, social media and newsletter.
Bijou Theatre LLC, Bridgeport, CT
Consultant/Designer/Photographer 2017 – present
- Redesigned branding, print and digital marketing collateral to improve brand recognition.
- Build and launched new website with improved functionality and SEO.
- Produced photography & video assignments promoting the venue, services and performances.
- Setup and maintained email deployment service account on MailChimp.
Integration New Media, Montreal, QC
US & EU Operations/Digital Publishing Consultant 2015 – 2018
- Represented INM’s Reach digital publishing line of products in US & EU market.
- Served as a digital publishing consultant contributing to improvements of Reach digital publishing products.
- Advised on marketing strategy and assisted with promoting INM’s Reach digital publishing platform.
The Taunton Press, Newtown, CT
Publishing Project Management Consultant 2015 – 2018
- Managed annual updates to digital magazine archive products incl. indexing, formatting, functionality improvements and content delivery to vendor. Overseen and performed final product testing.
- Collaborated on development of digital publishing and instructional video projects.
- Acted as a project liaison between Taunton Press and publishing technology vendors.
The Taunton Press, Newtown, CT
VP Video Operations/Sr. Multimedia Project Manager 2007- 2014
- Managed video operations including budgeting, technology, project and studio scheduling & staffing.
- Managed & directed live and live-to-tape single & multi-camera video coverage of workshops & company events.
- Served as an editor creating video content, promos and motion graphics.
- Managed video CMS account with over 3400 videos. Generated analytic reports and renegotiated vendor contracts.
- Maximized revenue from evergreen video and editorial content by establishing practices and workflows that supported e-learning platforms, e-products and video syndication.
- Provided technical support and mentored content producers on video & digital publishing technologies.
- Researched emerging trends and employed solutions related to photography, video and digital publishing.
- Project managed company’s flagship off-line and on-line digital magazine archive products. Developed new product lines for evergreen content. Created project proposals and P&L reports.
- Managed digitization, incl. scanning, indexing and QA of entire Taunton Press catalog (150 books and 600 magazines).
- Pursued partnerships and collaborated with distribution and content syndication vendors.
- Researched and managed video infrastructure expansion and upgrades.
- Managed relationships between Taunton Press and vendors, content producers & partners.
ComedyNet TV Inc, New York, NY
SVP, Video Operations 2006-2007
- Managed production and post-production operations of comedy IPTV/VOD network.
- Researched & implemented hardware and software solutions for production and post-production applications.
- Directed and edited short and long form comedy programming.
- Managed asset library and spearheaded encoding and distribution of over 200 hours of original content.
- Established acquisition to delivery workflow.
NBC Comcast, Seymour, CT
Chief Sound Engineer/Video Editor/Videographer 1996-2006
- Served as a videographer during studio and location single and multi-camera shoots.
- Served as a chief sound engineer during live studio, EFP and ENG productions.
- Edited short magazine style programs, commercials and marketing promos.
- Recorded VOs and performed sound mixing and editing.
- Designed and created broadcast and motion graphics packages for video projects.
- Mentored staff on emerging technologies and digital workflow.
- Provided technical support to cable based instructional network VINE (Valley Instructional Network for Education).
- Digitized and managed asset library of commercials, marketing and PSA videos.
- Coordinated integration of Argus MPEG-2 encoder into SkyConnect digital insertion solutions for cable advertising.
- Maintained post-production infrastructure including building/upgrading Media100 and Final Cut Studio edit bays.
- Coordinated and scheduled equipment maintenance and maintained relationship with vendors and service providers.